I am sarcastic, sensitive, insecure about my body, a mom, cook, chauffer, full time worker, wife. I pretty much write about whatever comes into my head. I don't filter much so watch out!
I'm stuck in a rut but determined to be the best me I can be. I turn 40 in June 2015. Let's see if I can get my ass in gear to lose 40 pounds and run a half marathon by then.
My son is home. Thank you so much for all of your kind words and prayers. I am back to work and grateful that my mom was able to come and stay with him. This was a crazy situation. I’ll break it down:
1. Breaks arm on Easter Sunday. It’s dangling and I could see the jagged bone through the skin. I may have freaked out and shown my true colors during a crisis situation. My husband giving me the “pull it together” speech helped.
2. 8 hours in 2 different ER’s. The first one didn’t have a PED Ortho Surgeon on call so we had to go by ambulance to another hospital.
3. I started my period while in the ER…the 23 yr old nurse looked at me like I was too old to have a period and then procured me the largest maxi-pad I have ever seen. So yay for that.
4. 2 nights sleep in a hospital room in a pseudo-bed/small couch.
5. Helping my son pee into a jug because he couldn’t get out of bed and the hospital wanted me to measure how much he peed everything single time. He only peed on me twice which I take as a win.
6. 14K episodes of Peppa Pig on the Kindle Fire. Anyone else seen this show? Bullet.to.the.brain.
6. Surgery went well and he is home. Supposed to keep it elevated until next week.
7. Apparently Hydrocodone has the opposite effect on him than it does on me. I take a nap…he wants to play and run around.
8. He’s supposed to get a cast on next week and then off again along with the pin removal in 3 weeks. I’m supposed to keep him from doing anything like running, jumping, swinging, riding and probably walking for 12 weeks. Really?? a 5 year old??
9.My mom is in town. She was reading an excerpt from a book to my 8 yr old son last night. The title? ”The Man Who killed Kennedy: The case against LBJ”. Can you not read him conspiracy theory books about the 60’s? She calls it history…
10. My mom eats Gluten Free. My son now wants to know if anything he eats has Gluten in it before he will let it pass his lips.
11. I took a shower this morning, dried my hair and I have makeup on for the first time in 3 days. FTW.
I’m pretty sure being a parent is the most thankless job on the planet. I love them but I need a drink and for them to go to bed already.
He is having surgery this morning. They won’t have to cut into his arm. They position the bones and then put pins in through the skin that will be removed later.
He has been amazing. He’s the bravest 5 year old I know. He’s grilled every nurse and doctor about what is going to happen and doesn’t miss a detail.
He has some nerve damage in his right hand but they said that should come back 100%.